D.T. at Oakington C of E Primary School.
- Research and design purposeful, functional, appealing products for themselves and other users based on a criteria.
- Generate, develop, model and communicate their ideas through talking and discussion; drawing, annotated sketches and cross-section diagrams; templates; prototypes and pattern pieces; and where appropriate, ICT.
- Select from and use a range of tools and equipment to perform practical tasks accurately.
- Select from and use a wide range of materials and components, including construction materials, textiles and ingredients, according to their characteristics, functional properties and aesthetic qualities.
- Explore, analyse and evaluate a range of existing products and their own projects.
- Evaluate their ideas and products against design criteria, and consider the views of others in improving their work.
- Understand how key events and individuals in design and technology have helped shape the world.
- Build structures, exploring how they can be made stronger, stiffer and more stable.
- Explore and use mechanical and electrical systems in their products.
- Apply their understanding of computing to program, monitor and control their products.
Cooking and Nutrition
- Understand the basic principles of a healthy and varied diet; plan, prepare and cook a variety of dishes; learn a range of cooking techniques, skills and use of equipment; to understand where food is grown and processed.